The Islamic Garden
Rocky mountains high
As man develops himself further, cities sprawl and destroy the beauty of nature. The contrast seems so clear yet people turn and boast of their modern flats and homes, which are surrounded by decadence, garbage and ugliness.
to my right
Towering concrete buildings
to my left
A feeling of romance and beauty
fills my heart
as I gaze longingly at the distant hills
Thoughts run deep
memories connect with new thoughts
My face turns away for a moment
to the product of man's eye and hand
high rise monuments of foolishness
Homes with no heart, no space , no beauty
like so many chickens in a cage
scratching at each other with blunted beaks
To carve out a home in the hills
but to deface its isolation
would implant another footprint
of man on this dying world
better to leave what nature remains
so some of us can look and think..
In the Name of Allâh, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful.
- I swear by this city (Makkah);
- And you are free (from sin, to punish the enemies of Islâm on the Day of the conquest) in this city (Makkah),
- And by the begetter (i.e. Adam) and that which he begot (i.e. his progeny);
- Verily, We have created man in toil.
- Thinks he that none can overcome him?
- He says (boastfully): "I have wasted wealth in abundance!"
- Thinks he that none sees him?
- Have We not made for him a pair of eyes?
- And a tongue and a pair of lips?
- And shown him the two ways (good and evil)?
- But he has made no effort to pass on the path that is steep.
- And what will make you know the path that is steep?
- (It is) Freeing a neck (slave, etc.)
- Or giving food in a day of hunger (famine),
- To an orphan near of kin.
- Or to a Miskîn (poor) afflicted with misery.
- Then he became one of those who believed, and recommended one another to perseverance and patience, and (also) recommended one another to pity and compassion.
- They are those on the Right Hand (the dwellers of Paradise),
- But those who disbelieved in Our Ayât (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.), they are those on the Left Hand (the dwellers of Hell).
- The Fire will be shut over them (i.e. they will be enveloped by the Fire without any opening or window or outlet.